Chicken & Rice Soup is a healthy, comforting, slow cooker meal. Packed with veggies, chicken & potatoes, cooked in chicken broth, it’s the perfect meal on a cold day.
Chicken & Rice Soup uses cauliflower rice, in place of traditional rice, making it an easy gluten and grain free dinner! Serve with my favorite drop biscuits, and you’ll have yourself the perfect Winter meal!
What Kind Of Rice Goes In Soup?
For this soup, we use cauliflower rice. I prefer to buy the frozen bags of cauliflower rice (you can find it in the freezer section at any grocery store these days), any brand will work, just make sure the only ingredient is cauliflower.
Do You Cook Rice Before Adding To Soup?
You don’t need to cook the cauliflower rice before adding it to the crockpot. I take my bag out of the freezer when I get started and let it defrost a little and then just add it frozen, right into the soup to cook all day.
How To Make Chicken & Rice Soup In The Slow Cooker
- Start by sauteing onion & garlic in a small stovetop pan till tender. I saute in olive oil, but you an also use water.
- While your onion is sauteing, dice your carrots and potato. I used a golden sweet potato, but any kind of potato will work.
- When onions are tender, it’s time to put the soup together.
- Place chicken breasts (I use frozen) in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Add onions, carrots & potato on top.
- Add in frozen cauliflower rice.
- Add in pepper, salt & crushed red pepper.
- Pour chicken broth over top and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Once chicken is cooked through, remove it from crockpot and shred.
- Add chicken back into crockpot and mix well.
Chicken & 'Rice' Soup
Chicken & Rice Soup is a healthy, comforting, slow cooker meal. Packed with veggies, chicken & potatoes, cooked in chicken broth, it's the perfect meal on a cold day.
fresh or frozen
peeled & diced
peeled & diced
crushed red pepper
Saute onion with garlic clove till tender.
Place chicken breasts in crockpot.
Add in onion, carrots & potato.
Pour in cauliflower rice.
Add salt, pepper & crushed red pepper.
Cover in chicken broth.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
When chicken is cooked through, remove from crockpot, shred and then return to crockpot and mix back into soup.